Monday, September 26, 2011

All My Childrens Last Episode On ABC

What a bag of mixed emotions.

After tears all week, watching all the great flashbacks and the reality that the show is really ending, ABC ends the show stealing lines from other shows. I mean come on! They didn't even rate their own original lines after forty years. That's just so sad. 

Don't get me wrong. Gone With The Winds, "Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn" is classic.  I don't know right off the top of my head how long Walt Willey has been on All My Children, but I do know he has been on the show long enough to deserve an original line!

And the whole reversal of "Who Shot JR?" to who did JR shoot. Just lame ABC!

All My Children has brought money to ABC forty plus years, they deserved so much more.

The scene with the kids "We are all your children" was lame and cute all at the same time.

I do appreciate all of the guest spots we've seen in the recent weeks. It was great to see the returning actors, but at the same I realized I may never see them in these rolls again.  I also liked the fact that they did leave so many things open so the show can continue at a later date.

I also agree with the others I have seen talking about the choice of commercials this week. You know which one I'm talking about. I refuse to give the new show any press so I won't even mention it's name. It rhymes with ew though. I must confess a part of me hopes they only advertised that show because everyone else has pulled their advertising.

I never got into the whole reality show thing from the beginning. There are a couple that I watch sometimes, but only two that I watch consistently.  And talk shows I mean really how many can you watch, they all have the same guests usually anyway. Reality and talk shows have saturated the market and are a fading trend.

There are too many channels and options out there to watch. I will continue to watch the five ABC shows I watch but I will not add any new ABC shows to my line up. I'm sorry Shondra Rhimes, you know I love you but your network sucks! I hope your new show Scandal rocks and wish it great success, but I won't be watching.

For those of you who read this blog on a regular basis. I know I've said that before. It still holds true. ABC, Disney and any of their products are no more to me.

I have real concerns about Prospect Park being able to make a profit with an online show. I'm really hoping they rethink this and put All My Children and One Life To Live on USA like Royal Pains or another cable channel.

I have heard through the grape vine that Erica and Kendall have both turned down offers from Prospect Park. While I hope we can get all of the characters from both shows back, somewhere some how. I certainly can't hold a grudge for any of the actors who can't take the leap of faith or hold out to wait and see what happens. I realize they have to eat and many have families to feed. So no hard feelings here for the actors.

All my anger is directed at ABC! It's their fault. I hope Prospect Park makes trillions of dollars so ABC sees what a major mistake this is. Hopefully Nielsen or someone else will get their stuff together and figure how to effectively count how many people are really watching a show. Catch up with the times people!


Copyright © 2011 Virtualpatti. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as you don't personally attack anyone.

Added links not relevant to the topic will be deleted. Adding the same link to multiple articles will be considered spam and will be deleted. If you want link backs create a profile and put your link in your profile.