Sunday, November 13, 2011

Raspberry Truffle Cream Pie - No More - Recipe

Years ago Hershey had raspberry chocolate chips to bake with. On the back of the bag was a recipe for Raspberry Truffle Cream Pie. It is one of my all time favorite deserts. I never can make up my mind which is better, the Raspberry Pie or Basket Robbins Mud Pie. Both are awesome. But after a year or two Hershey's quit selling the Raspberry chips. So I could no longer make this delicacy.

So this morning on Twitter we were discussing Christmas baking and the subject of sugar cookies came up. All of a sudden I get a tweet from @ HersheysKisses with a sugar cookie recipe. Which also look simple and delicious but I decided to take the opportunity to ask them about the raspberry chips. The first thing that came to mind because this pie is that good. They immediately sent me a list of all the flavors of Hershey's chips or baking pieces available.

I looked at the list and saw mint chocolate chips. I think these would make an excellent replacement in this recipe for the Raspberry chips. Anyway I thought I would share the recipe with you. It's very easy to make and sooooo good, but then I never met a Hershey's anything I didn't like. Yes I'm a chocoholic.

So here it is:

1 2/3 cups Hershey chips. Choose your favorite flavor. That's a 10oz pkg
1/3 cup milk
2 cups miniature marsh mellows or 20 large marsh mellows
3 1/2 cups frozen non dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 package crumb crust, I usually just buy the premade graham cracker crusts, they come in chocolate and oreo now too.
additional whipped topping

Place the flavored chips and milk in a large microwave bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.

Add marsh mellows. Microwave at high 1 minute, stir. If necessary microwave at high an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating just until the marsh mellows are melted when stirred.

Spread 1/2 cup chip mix over bottom of the crust.

Cool remaining mixture to room temperature. Fold in whipped topping, spoon the remaining mix into the crust. Your done!

Cover, refrigerate 4-6 hours or until firm.

Garnish with whipped topping if desired.

Cover and refrigerate leftover pie.

Makes 6-8 servings

One bowl. You don't even have to turn the oven on. It's so simple and good. After looking at all this I'm not only thinking the Mint Chocolate Chip would be good. But how about Peanut Butter Chips in the Oreo Crust? Oh my goodness!

Oh yeah. Hershey's the bomb!


Copyright © 2011 Virtualpatti. All Rights Reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as you don't personally attack anyone.

Added links not relevant to the topic will be deleted. Adding the same link to multiple articles will be considered spam and will be deleted. If you want link backs create a profile and put your link in your profile.