Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Genie Francis Joins Young & Restless - Y&R

Wow this is exciting news!

Genie Francis will join the cast of The Young & The Restless at the end of May as Cane Ashby's mother. I can't wait, not only does this make her Cane's (Daniel Goddard) mother but Colin Atkinson's (Tristan Rogers) wife. I can't wait to see the two of them together again.

Let me back up a bit for those of you who don't know. Genie Francis played Laura on General Hospital. I think most soap watchers if they didn't watch GH have at least heard of the infamous Luke & Laura. I didn't watch GH back then, but have seen many clips of the wedding and more recently the return of Laura to General Hospital. This is exciting news.

Several years ago, I don't remember where, I saw an interview with Genie Francis, it was kind of a where are they now thing. Its been a while so I don't remember all of the details exactly, but Genie and her family were off in nowhere's ville living in or maybe running a church retreat type of place. She seemed to be enjoying herself and was raising her kids out of the spotlight.  You gotta respect that.

Then a couple of years later we started seeing Genie on short spurts returning to General Hospital.  My guess was the kids were grown and she was looking for something to do. Yea, us!

But Genie never came back to General Hospital permanently, just a few short visits. Over the last couple of years I've seen Genie on different talk shows and of course she was always asked about returning to General Hospital and her answers always seemed to indicate she was willing but maybe General Hospital wasn't.

Genie appeared on Oprah in February 2011 with Luke, and it actually reran again today, where she indicated she would go back to General Hospital if she weren't playing the victim anymore.

Well I guess Genie Francis and General Hospital couldn't work it out and she got tired of waiting?? Cause now she has joined The Young and The Restless.

Genie seemed to indicate she wants spicier roles, so I'm thinking this is going to be interesting between her and Colin. Not to mention I'm sure Jill (Jess Walton) will look at her as competition.  I mean come on it's Jill.  That in itself will be worth the watch.

I don't think I've ever heard Cane talk about his real mother. (I still refuse to believe he is dead) so I'm going with him being back and interacting with Genie as well.

This is going to be good! I can feel it in my bones.


Copyright © 2011 Virtualpatti. All Rights Reserved.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, this is going to be great having Colin Atkinson come face to face with his presumably ex-wife, and then see what happens when Jill stands up for her man. I already love Mr & Mrs Atkinson, with the comedic as well as the serious stuff. But bringing Genie on is so huge. Hopefully it will bring Colin/Jill, Cane (the evil twin or undead Cane) from the back burner to be a front runner story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's going to be great. I had thought about Todd Manning on OLTL having an evil twin, but hadn't considered that for Cane. Maybe it would be a nice twin, (probably not as good a story with nice twin) but I can't imagine my Daniel Goddard being evil. hehehe In any case I'm so excited to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, as long as you don't personally attack anyone.

Added links not relevant to the topic will be deleted. Adding the same link to multiple articles will be considered spam and will be deleted. If you want link backs create a profile and put your link in your profile.