Monday, May 16, 2011

Black Swan - The Movie

This is a movie about a ballerina gone wrong.

It reminds me somewhat of the movie Show Girls, which I really liked. Maybe its the dancer/competitor in me that enjoys the competition in these movies. In this movie the dancers compete for the lead position in Swan Lake in a New York City Ballet. The difference between this movie and Show Girls is the dancers in this movie are in ballerina leotards instead of half naked.

The lead ballerina in this movie becomes paranoid and delusional, which makes for a quite interesting story if you like psychological thrillers, which I do. It does take a while for the movie to start getting really crazy. I would have preferred to have seen more craziness earlier on.

You know I try not to give to much away on my movie reviews, because I don't want to ruin it for you. So I'll just say there is ballet, competition for the lead position, an over bearing mom and of course the director of the dance is trying to get the ballerina into his bed. I'll bet you already figured that much out for yourself. hehe

The ballerina is played by Natalie Portman and her rival is Mila Kunis. Others in the cast are: Winona Ryder, Barbara Hershey, Vincent Cassel, Benjamin Millepied, Ksenia Solo, Kristina Anapau, Janet Montgomery and Sebastian Stan. The film was directed by Darren Aronofsky. It won an Oscar for Best Picture and an Academy Award. 

I'll give this one a four star just because I wanted to see more crazy sooner, otherwise it would have been a five star.


Copyright © 2011 Virtualpatti. All Rights Reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as you don't personally attack anyone.

Added links not relevant to the topic will be deleted. Adding the same link to multiple articles will be considered spam and will be deleted. If you want link backs create a profile and put your link in your profile.