Saturday, May 28, 2011

Jeff Conaway Has Died - So Sad

Well I waited to post anything until I heard from Dr. Drew, since people have been posting Jeff Conaway died for the last two weeks. I didn't want it to be true, but Dr. Drew says it is, so I guess I'll have to believe it.

It looks like from the report's Jeff was taken off of the ventilator Thursday and succumbed to his illness on Friday. I don't know how reliable that information is, except that it does appear he died Friday.

Dr Drew reiterated again that there was no evidence of an intentional overdose. That Jeff was an opiate addict with a chronic pain problem. A terrible combination. He said sometimes addict's can take a little to much and aspirate into their lungs, which causes the pneumonia. Jeff got a rapidly progressing overwhelming pneumonia which turned into sepsis. He was put into a medically induced coma to heal. The doctors tried to lighten the coma to see if he would come back, but there was not much left behind. The sepsis had been present so long there was no coming back.

This was such a sad loss. I hate seeing people die from drugs, its such a waste. It does make you wonder, what do people do in a situation like this, when they have chronic pain. I also have wondered lately why doctors keep prescribing Oxycontin when they know it's so addictive. Why not just prescribe the old drugs they used too, Valium or Demerol or something. I don't get it but I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and don't do drugs, so maybe I will never get it.

My best wishes go out to Vikki Spinoza and Jeff Conaway's family.


Copyright © 2011 Virtualpatti. All Rights Reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as you don't personally attack anyone.

Added links not relevant to the topic will be deleted. Adding the same link to multiple articles will be considered spam and will be deleted. If you want link backs create a profile and put your link in your profile.