Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Digital Age and the Death of Books Continues

On Monday I wrote an article wondering if the digital age would be the death of books.

Just now I turned on CNN and they were talking to Stephen King. They asked him if  he thought books would go all digital. It sounded like he thinks they will but he didn't want to say it out loud. He did say the futures going to be what the futures going to be. He also said that if you drop a book in the toilet you can fish it out, dry it off and read it. If you drop your Kindle in the toilet your done. I hadn't thought of that one.

I wondered about a library with no books.... They said the University of Texas library has no books. 425,000 volumes and 18,000 Journals are all online. That's just sad.

I also learned that Stephen King very rarely reads his own books because he knows how they will come out. LOL makes sense.

Jeff Bezos at Amazon evidently asked Stephen King to right a story about someone who owns a Kindle. So he wrote a story about someone with a pink Kindle, then one arrived at his office. So Stephen King owns the only pink Kindle in the world.

I think I'm jealous. I like pink. I still haven't decided if I want a Kindle or not, and now I need to track down that Stephen King story about the pink Kindle, as I'm a big Stephen King fan.

It's kind of spooky to see that report after just writing about it on Monday and for them to be interviewing Stephen King the King of weird things no less. LOL

Found it! The Short story/novella Stephen King wrote is called UR.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as you don't personally attack anyone.

Added links not relevant to the topic will be deleted. Adding the same link to multiple articles will be considered spam and will be deleted. If you want link backs create a profile and put your link in your profile.